i've been interested in wheat grass ever since last winter. i stayed in slc with patagonia ultrarunner roch horton, ultra running legend and like 10 time finisher of the hardrock 100 (no i didn't get in ~ sux). i tend to study these types. you have to assume they are doing something right. so i ask a lot of questions, etc. ask karl meltzer about our first time we met in hawaii... i must have asked him 300 questions about how he trains in the first 2 hours.
anyway roch had a little plot of wheat grass and a wheat grass juicer on his counter. so i figured there must be something do it. however i wasn't interested in actually growing it if i could avoid it. after looking around a bit i found amazing grass wheat grass powder (at my local overpriced whole foods)! it's a great easy alternative and apparently has 10x the chlorophyll of tray grown wheatgrass.
here are some benefits:
- Increases and sustains energy naturally
- Detoxifies and cleanses your body
- High alkalinity helps balance your body’s pH level
- Strengthens your immune system
- Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity
- Complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids (enzymes = proper digestion, amino acids = muscle repair)
- Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells (this one is huge for ultra athletes!)
- Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C
- Whole leaf powder- not from juice!
- Dehydrated below 107 and nitrogen packed to preserve the raw food properties
- 10x the chlorophyll of tray grown wheatgrass juice
- Field grown outdoors through a cold winter
- Tested free of mold
- Gluten free and Vegan
- Certified Organic
give it a try and let me know what you think.