it's a 6 hour sprint adventure race that will involve "Orienteering/Navigation, Trail Running, and Mountain Biking". they say average finish time will be 5 hours or so. so ryan vangorder, aaron rinn and i should get 'er done in around 4 hours if everything goes well. as far as competition in a sprint race it's really anybody's race to win. if you make a single navigation error you can get beat easy. assuming we navigate the course well i think team mergeo.com will be right there with us. should be a blast!
i've done my prep:
- packed the required gear/clothing/shoes (i'm going with last year's highline or the new nitrus)
- tuned the bike (turner nitrous), setup computer and bike tow (with rvg and rinn who am i supposed to tow? not sure but gotta have it just in case)
- shaved head and legs (that's right legs! i'm a bike racer!)
- clipped finger and toe nails (am i going to prom?)
- prepared the vw van for camping
i'm out! wish us luck!!