First some info on Primal Quest this year (from newsletter #3) -
- Total Distance: 500 miles
- Total Climbing (elevation gain): 62,000 feet
- Ropes: 6 miles of rope will be used on course (most descent/ascents are in excess of 400 feet) this will be the largest ropes course in any expedition race
- Typical Climate: Hot and Dry 100+ degrees to cold mtn tops w/possible snow & ice
- Horseback: approx 30 miles
- Mtn Biking: 3 full nights of biking
Some interesting reads -
- Link to Primal Quest website where you can track my team DART-nuun throughout the non stop 7-10 day race.
- Article on Team Spyder vs. Team Nike at Primal Quest
- My team DART-nuun made the Navigation times (page 15) as a contender at Primal Quest - it's called "DART is on FIRE!"
- Weather at Primal Quest looks to be over 100 degrees every day! Yak Blog
- Robyn Benincasa's blog "the dirt" on Primal Quest and the state of adventure racing